Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Consider Pure JOY

"The fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. Against such things there is no law." Gal 22-23

I am currently involved in a Wednesday night Beth Moore Bible Study. I have been meditating on the fruits of the spirit...first being Love and now Joy. God is revealing to me how to live a more spirit-filled life!

Luke 10:17-20 amazes me....72 return from their mission and say to God, "Lord, even demons submit to us in your name!" He replies to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

WOW! Do I rejoice JUST BECAUSE my name is written in the Book of Life?!
God says that our salvation is enough! Enough of a reason to rejoice!

"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, Rejoice." Phil 4:4

No comments: