Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Such a hoot!

These two are such a hoot! Today they each ate a whole apple at my side while I weeded garden. As the school year winds down this week for the big kids, I have to say how much I have enjoyed watching these two grow this year at home. They have become such good little play buddies and have been my sidekicks. Julia has taught Noelle many things throughout the year: how to change clothes 40 times a day, how to eat Mac n Cheese at every lunch, how to lick the cookie spoon, how to climb like a monkey all over the swingset, how to yell for mom from anywhere in the house, how to put her shoes on the wrong feet (or maybe she came up with that one herself!). Julia has also taught her some NICE things like to care for a babydoll, to sit and read a book and point at the words on the page, to catch worms and frogs, and to potty like a big girl!

We will say good-by to this stage as Caden and Macy get out of school on Thursday, and we have a change in the routine. Julia will be off to a three morning/wk Pre-School in the Fall. I am excited for the upcoming adventure for her and she already calls herself a "Pre-School Girl" and has a bag packed --including a container of cheese popcorn, a pair of black tights, a notebook and pen, and a Bible. What more could she possibly need!

Precious! Precious! What more can I say! I am thankful for my time at home.


No comments: