Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to Basics 2011

Today was the 3rd annual 'Back to Basics' run in our town of Bloomfield, IA. Many local businesses come together and support this 5 mile/5k/and 1 mile youth run. Caden and Macy participated in the 1 mile and I in the 5 mile. It was so much fun! I had tears in my eyes watching my kids cross the finish line. They did a great job. There was a train halfway in case kids needed a ride back. Macy said, "I started to cry and I really wanted to get on the train, but I just kept going!". Yah!! What a trooper! It was fun watching all of the little tykes, not just my own.

Caden was the 2nd or 3rd boy to finish.


Macy was not too far behind him!!


My Father-in-law also participated in the 5 mile. I got 1st place in the 30 year old girls and he got 1st place in the 50 year old males. He and I both enjoy running, he is a joy and encourages me!!

So much fun!!

1 comment:

The Steeles said...

Yay! So proud of you! you guys rock.