Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Youth Cross Country

The season is well over, but I am finally getting some energy to post a picture :)  The kids participated in Youth Cross Country from Sept. until the end of October. It was great, because they could all participate and it got us out of the house....I mean the trailer! HA! The coach is a great friend of mine and was awesome with the kids. They trained 3 days a week and participated in 2 "races". It was so neat to see them gain confidence, and I quite often would take my running shoes and run with them.  Caden ran a 6:35 mile and got 2nd place at one race. The coach had them running 2.5 miles in training, which I (the runner in me) thought that was awesome for 5-6th graders. Macy also did amazing and ran up to 1.5m in training.  Such a neat experience! We all loved it!

No comments: