Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dam To Dam...12.4 Miles!

WooHoo! We did it! Yesterday we ran a 20K in Des Moines. With our move and new business adventure and not to mention the 4 kids, we had a tough time consistently training this year but despite it all we are happy with how well the race went for us. Josh finished in a time of 1:57 and I was right behind him at 2:01. We even ran 9miles of the race together....you know you are parents to little kids when you consider that "quality time" and a "date"!
It was a gorgeous morning! Praise God!

This is my sister and I at 4:30 AM having coffee before the race.

This is a beautiful view of the Dam where the race started. 6,500 people ready to GO!

The best part of the race is the finish line! I love the finish line!
Josh was there to meet me...and my sister, who ran a great race and finished at 1:59-right in-between Josh and I.




1 comment:

Lincoln and Lindsay, Griffin and Gable said...

Congrats! You guys did an awesome job. I'm glad you were able to get away and have a running date! You look so good, very in shape. You didn't even look like you were sweating!! I'm very proud of you two.

Lindsay