Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Challenge for the Heart

In the current Orchard Hill Church teaching series, the congergation is being challenged to identify with the under-resourced. We have food opportunities at every turn, but some 2.6 billion people in our world live on less than $2 a day and have scarce access to food. This week one challenge for the heart includes eating only rice and beans for part of or for the entire week. We kicked off the challenge today at our house with a Sunday lunch of rice and beans. The goal is for it to be Josh and my only food until next weekend, but we'll let the kids eat normally except for supper. Lunch today definately was not filling or satisfying. After two helpings, I told Josh that I'm still hungry but am going to stop eating because I was tired of the taste of it. I encourage you to jump into the challenge in order to connect your heart and mind with the people suffering in the world. God willing...we'll make it through the week!

No comments: