Monday, October 6, 2008

Another day...

From the moment my feet hit the ground this morning, I was being "needed" by someone in the house and usually I handle these demands with ease. Today I could not shake off a heavy heart. A good friend led me to read Ecclesiastes, so I wanted to share the reading that lifted the burden from my heart.

Ecc 3: 12-13 "I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil - this is the gift of God."
5: vs. 7b "...stand in awe of God."
9: vs 9 "Enjoy life with your spouse, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun.."
9: vs. 10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."
12: vs. 13b "Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."


Caden asked for an October walk after supper, so we went to a nearby bridge and threw rocks into the water for the dog to fetch. Here we are! Josh thinks that I have the best job in the world!

2 comments:

Kimber Van Essen said...

Em - you are doing a wonderful job of being a mom to your kids - its a tough one -but one you are good at - and God knows this - that's why he gave you 4 beautiful children to love and adore and teach them about Him. This is our most important task...but we must keep at it - for our reward will be great! Through your struggles - I see my own - and you've uplifted and encouraged me as well!

bagrimm said...

You have given me some inspiration today, as I read this. There are days where I do feel like that, but I admit that I do not take it to the Lord, or read scripture. Thank you for this lesson. You are doing such a wonderful job as a woman, mom, and wife.