Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feb. 27th, 1998

12 years ago today I asked Christ into my life!

I was a student at UNI--living in a house on Olive St. in Cedar Falls with three other girls--I had this really awesome guy in my life (whom I spent hours on the phone with)--I was very burdened by what my future would hold and felt really controlled by my parents--I was attending a program on Thursday nights on campus called BASIC, put on by the leaders and worship team from Orchard Hill Church (the church that later became a HUGE formative tool in Josh and I's marriage and walk with Christ)--I marked a box on a piece of paper to meet with someone on the BASIC staff--and that led me to this wonderful gal named Cody who explained the gospel to me, prayed with me to let go of the burdens I was carrying--and there we have it, that night Christ got my heart--and the rest is history!!

I walked the same path to classes every single day, but that path changed with my heart. The path to class became a time of worship and thanksgiving. I can still invision that walk and the view of the sky through the trees.

God is a good God! The indescribable joy he has let me experience in the Spirit far transcends any trials he has let me experience. I am determined to leave a legacy for my kids that teachs them to serve, love others, and show confidence for Christ in this world!

I am thankful--so, so, so thankful that God got my heart!!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Yeah! Thanks for sharing your testimony.